- Some may be thallus, while others are differentiated into roots, stems and leaves
- Show Alternation of Generation
- Life Cycle is dominated by Gametophyte Stage
- Sporophytic Stage is non-branching
- Do not have well defined vascular bundles
- Live on soil but antherozoids require water to reach eggs
- Are also called Amphibians of the Plant Kingdom for this reason.
- Class: Moss
- Class: Liverworts
- Class: Hornworts
- The term "Bryophyta" is actually derived from the greek words - "bryon" which means tree moss and "phyton" meaning plants.