Tracheophyta , also known as Vascular Plants , are members of Kingdom Plantae that have organized and specialized vascular bundles (Xylem and Phloem). Under this unranked group come Division Pteridophyta and the entirety of Sub-Kingdom Phanerogamae.
- Have Xylem - hard, lignified tissues for conducting water and minerals throughout the plant.
- Have Phloem - specialized tissues that conduct food.
- Principal generation phase is the diploid sporophyte.
- This group is unranked in Taxonomy - i.e. it is a broad group and is (currently) not included in any form of hierarchical Classification.
- Pteridophytes were the oldest vascular plants.